The purchase of AuditPro audit assistance ("AuditPro") generally provides you with tax audit assistance for a period of one to three years (depending on plan purchased) from the successful e-filing and acceptance of your qualified 2012 federal or state personal income tax return (the "Return"), subject to applicable terms and conditions. If you are audited or receive an inquiry letter from the IRS or your state income tax agency regarding your Return, an appointed CPA Advisor will provide assistance and meet or communicate with the IRS and/or state regarding your qualified Return. AuditPro is provided by and is a service of Quiroz and Company, LLP ("Quiroz"). The terms and provision of the AuditPro services are solely between you and Quiroz. The "CPA Advisor" or "AuditPro Representative" means the Quiroz representative(s) assigned to your tax audit or inquiry covered by AuditPro. AuditPro audit assistance provides the following benefits and coverage:
AuditPro Audit Assistance
- Provides audit defense services regarding your Return in an IRS or state audit through the highest level of examination and appeals within the IRS or state agency.
- Schedules and attends (which may include by teleconference) IRS or state audit appointments.
- Reviews your Return for additional problem areas.
- Reviews your supporting documentation before submitted to the IRS or state agency
- Makes audit phone calls.
- Handles audit correspondence.
- Prepares requests for appeals conferences.
- Represents you in a IRS supervisory appeal conference with the examiner's manager (if an appeal conference is sought where there is no agreement).
AuditPro Audit Assistance Limitations and Exclusions:
Your Return must have been self-prepared and e-filed to the IRS and applicable state income tax agencies using our personal income tax preparation program on this website. AuditPro audit assistance applies only to the specific self-prepared, timely e-filed, and accepted (by the IRS or relevant state tax agency) federal and/or state Return for which it was purchased. If requested, you must provide documentation and support of your AuditPro audit assistance purchase and documentation of information included in your Return. AuditPro Audit Assistance has other limitations and exclusions including but not limited to the following:
AuditPro Audit Assistance
- Does not include any additional taxes, penalties or interest that may be imposed as a result of the audit or otherwise.
- Does not include legal assistance or representation in any circumstances, nor legal representation in any Federal or State Court (including Tax Court), nor any petition to the Tax Court or other courts.
- Does not include preparing or amending Federal or State income tax returns (if necessary, charges associated with preparing and filing an amended return are additional).
- Does not include reconciling checkbooks, organizing records, performing recordkeeping or bookkeeping for audit clients.
- Does not include assistance for collection notices. Collection notices from the IRS or State are not considered audits or inquiry notices and are not covered by AuditPro.
- Does not apply to audits that arise or notices dated prior to the purchase of AuditPro audit assistance.
- Does not cover tax entities such as a corporation, partnership, LLC or LLP, trust or estate or other entity that may have been included in your Return directly or indirectly, business or payroll tax, or other non-individual income tax.
- Does not cover late or delinquent returns, tax protestors or taxpayers under criminal investigation, or taxpayers who have any audit underway from a prior or a subsequent year.
To receive AuditPro coverage, customers must purchase AuditPro no later than October 15, 2013 for their tax year 2012 e-filed and accepted federal and state return(s) prepared with the program on this site. Subject to the applicable terms and conditions, the one-year audit assistance coverage expires one year from the day the federal or state return is accepted by the corresponding tax entity. The two-year audit assistance coverage expires two years from the day the federal or state return is accepted by the corresponding tax entity. Three-year audit assistance coverage expires three years from the day the federal or state return is accepted by the corresponding tax entity.
In order for AuditPro Representatives to provide the tax audit assistance services, you have certain responsibilities. These include:
- Cooperate with AuditPro Representatives regarding any covered audit or inquiry, such as providing in a timely fashion all documents relating to the audit or inquiry, including as necessary to substantiate items on the Return, and providing other information and assistance requested.
- Provide timely authorization for AuditPro Representative(s) to provide the audit assistance services and communicate with the IRS or State on your behalf, including signing and returning to the AuditPro Representative(s) the necessary IRS or state Power of Attorney forms and providing such other authorization as necessary.
- Sign and return in a timely fashion the tax examination engagement letter that will be provided to you by Quiroz. The terms of such engagement letter are an agreement solely between you and Quiroz and apply to the provision of the AuditPro tax audit assistance services. In the event of any conflict between the engagement letter and the terms on this website, the engagement letter shall govern. For your review, the current version of such Quiroz engagement letter (subject to revision) is in substantial form at www.QuirozLLP.com.
- Upon receipt of any communication from the IRS or state, immediately contact Quiroz and provide Quiroz with a copy of all correspondence or notices relating to the Return. Delay in notifying and providing information to Quiroz may negatively impact its ability to provide the audit assistance services and may result in additional charges.
Contact information for Quiroz is as follows:
AuditPro Audit Assistance
c/o Quiroz and Company LLP
P.O. Box 120
San Francisco, CA 94104
Phone number: (415) 986-3340
Fax number: (415) 986-3354
E-mail address: AuditPro@Quirozllp.com
Purchase of AuditPro indicates your agreement with these terms and conditions. Please print this information for your records.
AuditPro Audit Assistance is subject to all applicable terms, conditions, laws and regulations. AuditPro is not insurance. Void where prohibited by law. The sponsor of this website does not provide audit assistance services and is not engaged in providing legal or other professional advice or services. Purchase of the AuditPro Audit Assistance program is an arrangement solely between you and Qurioz.